Crime Writing Diploma
Explore the scope of crime fiction and learn to earn from your writing.
If you are you passionate about crime novels and want to try your hand at writing crime fiction, then this course will introduce you to the building blocks of crime fiction, including plotting, character construction, writing convincing dialogue and how to build tension and create mystery and suspense.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
This exciting and programme has been organised into 5 easy-to-digest modules, which can be accessed from anywhere at a time that best suits you. It promises to help stimulate your ideas and take your imagination to incredible heights, towards a career as a published writer.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Understand the crime genre and be familiar with some of the more prominent examples.
- Explore the principal rules of effective crime writing.
- Look into the different categories of crime writing.
- Understand how to structure writing with a strong beginning, middle and end.
- Recognise the importance of research in relation to writing.
- Recognise the importance of characters and the part they play in writing.
- Learn how to utilise layout effectively in writing.
- Look at examples of murder weapons that can be used.
- Discover the importance of motive.
- Understand how to write effectively and satisfyingly with regard to clues and plot threads.
- Learn how to develop your characters.
- Understand the key principles to maintain when plotting.
- Recognise the importance and method of revising your draft.
- Understand the process of submitting a manuscript.
- Understand the pros and cons of employing an agent.
- Discover the process of self-promotion.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- There are no entry requirements for this course, making it A suitable for writers coming to this popular genre for the first time, but it will also suit more experienced writers who are wishing to learn more about what publishers of crime fiction are looking for.
- You will gain a prestigious Diploma.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Introduction to Crime, Mystery & Suspense Writing
- How to Research
- Putting the Story Together
- Characters, Plot & Dialogue
- Motives & Crime Scenes
- Editing & Polishing Your Work
- The Business of Getting Published
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above