Hospitality, Food & Catering Employability Package (EC112442)
Work your way up the food chain in your chosen line of work with our fantastic course buckets that can help individuals to progress and succeed within the food, hospitality and catering sectors. Whether you’re starting from the very beginning in a food industry career, wish to brush up on your food handling and hygiene knowledge, or are planning to open your own food-based business, our range of courses will help you to fulfil your goals.
A choice of courses
Our first bucket of courses focuses on some key skills that all professionals should have an understanding of, including courses that can help improve your chances of employment or assist in running a business. Bucket two holds a number of extremely valuable hospitality-based courses that will help to make your CV stand out. From food safety and allergy essentials to hospitality management, you can take your pick of the available courses to create a bespoke package that can help you follow your foodie dreams.
Key Learning Points
Students get two buckets to choose courses from, depending on their individual learning needs. They can choose any two courses from Bucket One and any one course from Bucket Two.
Bucket 1: Choose any TWO courses from Bucket One, which consists of the following:
- CV-Builder – Create a CV that you can be proud of with this interactive tool that can help you with format, content and job-specific resumes that will impress prospective employers in food-related industries.
- Computing Basics & Essentials - Set of 7 Interactive Courses – Complete this course and you will have a basic understanding of seven computing tasks that you may deal with routinely in the workplace, including using the Internet, emails, file management systems and Office skills. An ideal foundation in administration for those running a food, catering or hospitality based business.
- Microsoft Excel 2013 – Build your spreadsheet skills by gaining valuable knowledge of how to get the most out of this popular Microsoft application, including macros, statistics and formulaic functions. Great for keeping track of those business sales and expenses.
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Learn how to use this popular email application, from the simplest processes to more advanced functions like mail merges and virtual business cards.
- Microsoft Word 2013 – Create documents that are professional, with top quality formatting, with the help of this course, and cover some more complex functions to boost your Word skills.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – Build professional presentations that reflect basic to advanced skills by learning the functions of the latest version of this popular application.
- Business Essentials – Increase your knowledge of business, from strategies and decisions to business plans and venture capital, with the help of advice from the Dragons Den professionals. Ideal for any budding business owner.
Bucket 2: Choose ONE course from Bucket Two, which can be any of the following:
- International Cleaning Certificate Award – Gain all the skills required to become a professional cleaner or boost employability in the food sector, where standards of cleanliness are high.
- Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene in Catering – Build on the skills acquired from completion of the Level 1 award, and follow the standards outlined in the Industry Guide to Good Hygiene Practice – Catering Guide.
- Level 1 Food Safety & Hygiene Awareness in Catering – Cover all the basics required to ensure safer food handling in this essential introductory course.
- Allergy Essentials – Learn some of the major risks associated with food allergies, and how to best serve customers suffering from them.
- Level 2 Food Safety, Hygiene and HACCP Refresher – Recap on the knowledge already gained from completion of the original Level 2 certificate, and ensure your food handling and hygiene skills are still up to scratch. A great way to refresh your CV.
- Hotel Management – Work towards your aspirations of becoming part of a management team within the hospitality sector, with this course that covers some of the basic skills and knowledge required.
Advantages of this course
- Study online whenever it is convenient to do so. Course material is available every day of the year, at any time of the day.
- Courseware is compatible with a number of different browsers, operating systems and devices, so you’re not tied down to learn in one spot.
- Our technical support team is on hand if you struggle using the courseware at any time.
- Build a tailormade package to suit your individual learning requirements from our broad selection of courses that can help you on your way to career or business success.
- Boost your employability in a range of food, catering and hospitality positions, or gain the skills and qualifications you need to run your own food-based business.
Give prospective employers a little food for thought, with a CV that reflects your new skills and abilities and will help you rise above your competition!
This package includes
LEADr Certificate in Commerciality
Computing Basics & Essentials - Set of 7 Interactive Courses
Microsoft Excel 2013
Microsoft Outlook 2013
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
Microsoft Word 2013
Level 1 Food Safety & Hygiene Awareness in Catering
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene in Catering
Level 2 Food Safety, Hygiene and HACCP Refresher
Level 2 Hotel Management Diploma
Level 2 International Cleaning Certificate Diploma