Social Media Skills & Employability Package (EC112440)
As a self-employed individual, or as a member of a team working within the marketing field, understanding how the marketing industry works is essential if your job is to improve the performance and productivity of a business. If you work in marketing, or want to take that exciting career path, you’ll find that it’s your responsibility to ensure a product or service is marketed at the right people, through the right media, in order to see sales increase and business boom.
Two Buckets of Courses
As part of this marketing course package, students will be able to choose to focus their attention on two buckets. Bucket One is aimed at increasing employability, business know-how and Microsoft Office skills. Bucket Two is full of specific marketing-related courses which will bring a student’s skill set bang up to date and would be ideal for anyone working closely with the digital marketing aspects of a business, or event planning. From your choice of Bucket you can select the course or courses that are most relevant to your skills gap, creating a tailored learning programme.
Key Learning Points
Students have two different course buckets and can choose the courses from each, depending on their individual requirements.
Bucket 1: Choose to study any two of the following courses from Bucket One:
- CV-Builder – An interactive tool that can help students to produce a professional CV that is clear, concise, informative and job-specific.
- Computing Basics & Essentials - Set of 7 Interactive Courses – Cover seven common computer-related office tasks, including use of the Internet and file management systems, as well as using Office applications to send email, create documents, databases and presentations.
- Microsoft Excel 2013 – From the basic functions and formatting to more complex features such as macros and formulas, this course will help you to get up to speed with the latest version of the Excel spreadsheet programme.
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Learn how to utilise all functions of Outlook, including the email function, mail merges, contacts, archiving and its calendar feature.
- Microsoft Word 2013 – Update your knowledge of this popular word processing application, and get to grips with some of the latest features as well as cementing your knowledge of existing functions.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – Create professional presentations with the help of this course, which covers all areas of the PowerPoint application.
- Business Essentials – A course filled with essential business expertise, from venture capital aspects to strategic thinking, and all affiliated by the popular Dragons Den franchise.
Bucket 2: Choose to study any one course from Bucket Two:
- Marketing with Google and YouTube – Make the most out of Google Plus and YouTube with regards to business and PR, and learn how to use them to promote your business.
- Twitter – Learn how this platform can be used to connect with customers and build brand awareness, as well as how to use hashtags correctly.
- Tumblr – Gain insight into how to use this microblogging platform, and its importance with regards to a business’ digital PR and communications.
- Marketing Tools and Tips for Success – Learn how social media can be used effectively, including the use of Bitly, Woobox, HootSuite and Storify. Understand the importance of social media etiquette.
- Reddit – Understand the rules and learn more about what Reddit does, and how you can use it to increase the marketability of your business.
- Pinterest – Increase your reach online with the proper use of Pinterest, from setting up a profile to improving your presence on the platform.
- LinkedIn – Understand how LinkedIn can be used in various aspects of business, from recruitment and career advancement to sales and marketing.
- Facebook 102 – Build your online presence with a Facebook profile and page to be proud of. Understand the importance of this social media platform, and how to maximise its use for the benefit of your business.
- Google Analytics – Learn how to analyse Google statistics to help with your marketing strategies, including conversion tracking and audience engagement.
- International Event Management Diploma – Understand some of the basics of event management, including various strategies, budgets, the planning process and how to start your own event management venture.
Advantages of this course
- Online course delivery means that you can study as and when it suits you. Work around your other commitments, with a completely flexible approach to studying.
- All course materials are valid for 12 months, and can be accessed 24/7.
- Technical support is also available should you need help at any stage.
- Compatibility with various browsers and operating systems means you can study on the go, regardless of what platform you use.
- Build a tailormade course package that will suit your career and skill requirements perfectly.
- Add some core skills and qualifications to your CV and impress prospective employers. Boost your chances of interview success by showing off your marketing credentials!
Sign up to your tailor-made course Bucket today, and show the marketing world who’s boss!
This package includes
LEADr Certificate in Commerciality
Computing Basics & Essentials - Set of 7 Interactive Courses
Microsoft Excel 2013
Microsoft Outlook 2013
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
Microsoft Word 2013
Level 2 International Event Management Diploma
Marketing Tools and Tips for Success
Marketing with Google and YouTube