Holistic Beauty Therapist Diploma
Treat yourself, or give someone else the experience of pure relaxation of the body and mind.
Whether you are a beginner looking to embark on a new career, or an existing therapist looking to refresh or update your skills, our course is for you.
Explore in-depth training in holistic beauty remedies and treatments, which include massage, aromatherapy, nutrition and diet and reflexology.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
Be able to guide clients to eat healthily, feel good, help combat stress levels and much more. A programme consisting of 31 innovative and easy-to-digest modules promises to equip you with techniques and skills to invigorate the body and mind completely. This flexible course will easily fit around your existing schedule as you can enjoy studying at your own pace from anywhere.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course covers the vast and the diverse range of therapies, which you will be able to offer your clients with confidence.
- Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the systems of the body.
- Identify the subtle bodies and give a brief outline of each.
- Explore the structure of the chakra system.
- Look at the cell nucleus and its parts.
- Discover the life cycle of a cell.
- Understand the General Adaptation Syndrome.
- Understand the bodies essential vitamin and Nutrient requirements.
- Understand the purpose of minerals in the body.
- Recognise the benefits of the macro minerals calcium and phosphorus.
- Understand contra-indications to massage treatments.
- Study five massage oils and explain their beneficial properties.
- Identify light, medium and deep tissue massage strokes.
- Understand the benefits of Percussion strokes.
- Understand the characteristics of essential oils.
- Understand the steam distillation process.
- Understand the properties of a Top, Middle and Base Note.
- Know the oils that are contra-indicated for use with clients who are pregnant or taking life sustaining medication.
- Identify and explain the various types of movements involved in Aromatherapy.
- Look at the zones and identify their “paths”.
- Understand the three transverse zones of the feet.
- Learn the procedures involved in the following: initial client contact, taking a case history and treatment facilities.
- Look at the two relaxation techniques: sitting up and lying down.
- Understand the treatment process and how it should commence.
- Recognise the situations and conditions that need to be kept in mind when giving a treatment.
- Understand the words discussed in the counselling vocabulary.
- Identify the tools in a Counsellor’s Repertoire and determine the roles they play.
- Differentiate between good and bad counsellors.
- Learn the characteristics of self-motivation.
- Identify Five oils that would fall under the following headings: Hazardous, Toxic, Skin Irritations and Sensitisation.
- Look at how genetics and the environment plays a role in dictating general health.
- Discover the functions of Eccrine and Apocrine sweat glands.
- Recognise the importance of "internal cleanliness".
- Identify the characteristics of the four skin types.
- Discover the beneficial treatments that aid in maintaining a healthy skin.
- Recognise the importance of good skin care.
- Identify any differences between morning and evening skincare routines.
- Recognise the abuse that hands and feet are subjected to and explain the protection procedures necessary.
- Learn the key steps of a manicure and pedicure procedure.
- Understand the structure of the hair.
- Identify five hair characteristics, which will effect the overall look and condition of the hair.
- Understand the purpose of highlighting and shading the features of the face.
- Understand the various facial shapes.
- Learn the term Free Radicals and discuss how they influence the skin structure.
- Explore the foods that contribute to a healthy lifestyle and identify their functions.
- Learn the benefits of massage treatments.
- Learn the three main massage movements.
- Discover the main hair removal treatments used today.
- Understand the hair growth cycle.
- Understand the various sterilisation methods used in beauty salons.
- Be able to define stress and understand the physical, emotional, mental and behavioural effects is has on people.
- Differentiate between Type A and Type B personality patterns.
- Recognise the do’s and don’ts of time management.
- Understand the importance of relaxed Breathing whilst using Aromatherapy oils.
- Learn how self-massage would be carried out.
- Examine the logistics involved in setting up a practice.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- You can enhance your current career status by adding this qualification to your portfolio.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have completed the course, you will be equipped with valuable knowledge to find employment, boost your current status, or you could take your dream further and look to set up your own business within the field.
- Brief overview of the systems of the body
- Weight management
- Diet and fitness
- Personal hygiene
- Skin consultation and care
- Hair care
- Make up techniques
- Anti-ageing therapy
- Manicure & pedicure
- Client consultation
- Massage techniques
- Therapeutics of essential oils
- Aromatherapy/ massage techniques
- Meridian system of the body in relation to reflexology practise
- Zones and mapping of the feet in relation to reflexology practise
- Reflexology techniques
- Basic first aid for your practice
- Counselling skills
- Starting your own practice
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above