Agile Project Management Foundation & Practitioner Training
Manage projects more efficiently and effectively with the Agile project management methodology. This course bundle introduces would-be project managers to Agile concepts, before taking them through basic and advanced principles, preparing them to sit both Foundation and Practitioner level exams.
The Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course is best suited to:
- Novice project managers who would like to learn a formal management methodology.
- Experienced project managers who need to cross-train into Agile disciplines.
- Project team members seeking an advanced introduction to Agile methodologies.
- Individuals wanting to cross-train ready for a new career in project management.
Principally designed for the engineering, IT and new product or service development industries, the Agile project management framework takes an iterative and incremental approach to the management and build process. The Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course will show students the key concepts of the framework and how they are applied to real-world projects to boost success rates and increase efficiency.
The ultimate goal of this course is to help students sit and pass both Foundation and Practitioner level qualifications.
Using a series of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course is delivered online via the learning platform. This system allows students access to content anyplace anytime, so they can study whenever and wherever is most convenient for their needs.
A series of flash cards allow learners to test their understanding, and a number of practical scenarios in each module can be used to practice common responses, or to see how the framework can be applied to real world scenarios.Students can discuss topics with other learners using our social network, adding another learning channel by which to further improve knowledge and skills.
Key Learning Points
The Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course is designed to help individuals with little or no project management experience get started quickly. Initially students will look at the Foundation-level principles of Agile, covering topics like:
- The concepts, benefits and risks of Agile development.
- The philosophy, approach and principles of Agile project management.
- Understanding the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products.
- Recruiting or assembling appropriate project teams.
- How to plan and run a facilitated workshop.
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution to ensure that the correct development path is being followed.
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements for deliverables.
- Create a timeboxed plan that keeps the project on track.
- Understanding the importance of negotiation and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure continued progress.
- How to set up and manage an Agile project using the framework.
Once complete, students will be ready to sit and pass the Agile Foundation qualification. They will also be fully prepared to move onto the advanced topics covered in the Practitioner course:
- Overseeing products and deliverables and properly assigning responsibility to management, business and technical departments.
- Structuring and empowering project teams for maximum success and efficiency.
- Using MoSCoW prioritisation to ensure deliverables are completed in the correct order.
- Advanced estimating, measurement and configuration considerations for successful Agile management.
- Defining functional and non-functional requirements for deliverables.
- Implementing quality control to maintain standards.
- Preparing for the future by considering maintainability and scalability during planning.
Advantages of this course
Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course from ensures that project managers have the skills, knowledge and experience required to successfully manage a project using the Agile framework. Students will also be fully prepared to sit and pass both Foundation and Practitioner level Agile qualification exams.
Individuals completing this course will benefit from:
- Sufficient training and understanding to pass the Agile qualification exams and become a registered AgilePM® Practitioner.
- Improved performance either working as part of, or leading Agile project teams.
- Improved project outcomes for employers and customers.
- Improved employment prospects, either through internal promotion, or elsewhere within the project management industry.
- Foundation and Practitioner e-learning gets Category C - 28 PDUs.
The Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course is an essential step towards AgilePM® Registered Practitioner status. This course is also a cost-effective choice for would-be project managers who want to study the Foundation and Practitioner level materials concurrently.
Upon completion project management courses you can apply to gain your PDU points.
AgilePM® is a registered trade mark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd.All rights reserved.
AgilePM and the 'APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo' are trademarks of The APM Group Limited.
- Introduction to Agile
- Agile Project Management - The Basics
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- Pre-Project and Foundation Phases and Products
- Evolutionary Development Deployment and Post-Project Phases
- Techniques and Practices
- Agile Control
- Agile Planning
- Exam Preparation
This Course has a PDU (Professional Development Units) Value of 25.
Outline of the PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements.
Category B – Continuing Education offered by a University/college/training organisation not registered with PMI Category C – Self-Directed Learning
How long do PDUs last?
To maintain your qualification, you will need to claim your PDUs in the three-year cycle in which they were earned.
What proof might PMI need of my PDUs?
PMI spot-check entries for their CCRS program and so may check that you are eligible for the PDUs claimed. PMI may check up to 18 months after the end of your CCRS cycle. You should retain the following as proof of your course attendance: Course Brochure/Outline, Registration/Joins letter, Certifications earned, Training Organisation details and Trainer qualifications.
How many PDUs do I need?
Depending on the PMI qualification you are supporting, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP and PMI-SP require 30 PDUs. PMP has a limitation in that only 30 PDUS per cycle may be claimed for Self-Directed Learning.
How else can I earn PDUs?
PDUs can be claimed for other areas such as, Creating New PM Knowledge, Volunteer Service and even Working as a PM Professional. There are limitations. Please see https://ccrs.pmi.org/ for up-to-date information.
Use the PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org/ to register your PDU’s. Log-in using your PMI credentials and register your PDU's gained under the following categories which E-career’s courses are aligned to:
Education: Category C - Self-Directed Learning (via e-learning) *Restricted to a maximum of 30 PDU’s per 3-year certification cycle)
The PMI’s scheme requirements state that each hour of professional development undertaken is equivalent to one PDU. The activity should also be relevant to the area of expertise covered in the PMP certification.
|Agile Foundation & Practitioner Exam|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above
Safari 6 or above